Clinical Certificate Program
The College of Nursing’s Certificate program is available to students who already have a master’s degree in nursing and wish to be nationally certified in another specialty area. They can receive a certificate in any of our specialty tracks.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (not accepting applications for Fall 2015)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (not accepting applications for Fall 2015)
- Nurse Midwifery (not accepting applications for Fall 2015)
- Nurse Educator
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Wound Care Certificate
(See below for application process for applicants)
Application deadline for students seeking certificate study in any track is March 15. (See below for more details)*
*Note: The March 15 deadline indicates the earliest date when the College will begin accepting students. After March 15, applications to will be accepted until May 31st and students will be accepted on a space available basis.
The application process for the College of Nursing for certificate applicants involves the following:
Applicants must submit a University of Florida Post-Baccalaureate application.
Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are to be submitted to UF Office of Admissions.
*UF graduates are not required to submit transcripts.
The following College of Nursing application materials are to be returned directly to the College of Nursing. Instructions for submission are on the forms. These materials include:
- Personal Data Record
- Statement of Goals (PDF)
- Letters of Recommendation: academic (DOC) and clinical (DOC)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
*Mail these materials to the College at the following address:
UF College of Nursing Office for Academic and Student Affairs
PO Box 100197
Gainesville, FL 32610-0197
Please note: Students enrolled in the Certificate Program do not qualify for federal financial aid, school certified private loans or College of Nursing Scholarships.