Applicants are required to show evidence of the following:
Admission is dependent upon completion of 60 semester hours, which includes both UF admission requirements as well as College of Nursing pre-professional courses. UF general education required courses are detailed in the UF Undergraduate Catalog.
Enrollment is limited due to availability of clinical learning facilities and the availability of qualified faculty to maintain appropriate faculty-to-student ratios in all clinical practice settings. Due to this limited enrollment and a large volume of applications, all applicants must meet admissions requirements by the end of the spring semester prior to the fall term they intend to apply to be considered for admission.
Please Note: Students who have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a subject unrelated to nursing are only eligible for the Accelerated BSN program, not the Traditional BSN.
Pre-professional requirements specific to the nursing major include:
- 3 credits of social and behavioral science with prefix of PSY, SOP or SYG
- 3 credits of physical or biological sciences with prefix of BSC, CHM or PHY
- Anatomy & Physiology One: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Anatomy & Physiology Two: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Microbiology: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Statistics: 3 Credits
- Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology: 3 Credits
- Human Nutrition: 3 Credits
- Epidemiology Recommended, not Required
Any specific questions regarding course equivalency for use towards any of the prerequisites will require a detailed courses syllabus for use in determining content.
Minimally, the following criteria must be met:
- Completion of two sequential courses of foreign language in secondary school or 8-10 semester hours at the post-secondary level, or documentation of an equivalent level of proficiency.
- An overall GPA of at least 2.8.
- A GPA of at least 2.8 in all required pre-professional courses.
- A grade of C or better in all required pre-professional courses.
- Satisfactory completion of communication and computation requirements