All applicants must meet the following admission criteria for the University of Florida RN to BSN track:
University of Florida Transfer Admission Requirements: UF Transfer Admissions Requirements*
- An associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program**
- A GPA of 2.8 or higher from associate in nursing program
- Active, unencumbered Florida RN license
*At the conclusion of all educational requirements, students will be awarded a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree by the University of Florida. To complete the BSN, students must meet all University of Florida and State of Florida General Education requirements. These are requirements that are in addition to the College of Nursing RN to BSN program coursework. Applicants to the RN to BSN program are not required to have an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree if they meet UF Transfer Admission Requirements. However, if admitted to the RN to BSN program, students without an A.A. degree will require additional coursework to complete the baccalaureate degree. For more information, please refer to “General Education Requirements” on the UFL.EDU web site.
**In order to be eligible for the RN to BSN program applicants must have completed an AS degree from an NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
All applicants to the University of Florida College of Nursing RN to BSN program will be required to show proof of enrollment in and/or completion with an earned grade of C or higher in the following required prerequisite courses:
- 3 credits of social and behavioral science with prefix of PSY, SOP or SYG
- 3 credits of physical or biological sciences with prefix of BSC, CHM or PHY
- Anatomy & Physiology One: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Anatomy & Physiology Two: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Microbiology: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Statistics: 3 Credits
- Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology: 3 Credits
- Human Nutrition: 3 Credits